Time & Location
About the Event
Join us for our 2nd annual weekend retreat to Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health! Spouses or partners invited. To book hotel accommodations, call 866.200.5203. Don’t forget to mention you’re with EO to receive your 10% discount off room rates.
Tentative Schedule (subject to change)
Daily yoga classes are offered in various levels mornings, afternoons, and some evenings. For rooms and teachers not listed here, please see Information Boards. Private group sessions are in bold.
Sunday, March 3rd
2:15–4:00 Arrival and Check–In (rooms available by 4:00pm)4:15–6:15 Daily Yoga Classes 5:30–7:00 Dinner 6:45–7:15 Kripalu Guest Orientation 7:30–9:00 Divine Sleep® Yoga Nidra Cindy Yaple
- Kripalu Sanctuary Divine Sleep® is the antidote for modern life. Experience deeper levels of freedom than you ever imagined possible. This inspired, meditative practice gives you permission to rest, restore, and tap into new sources of energy.
Monday, March 4th
6:30–7:45 Daily Yoga Classes 7:00–8:30 Breakfast 8:30–9:45 Aligning Intentions and Actions Izzy Lenihan Kripalu
- Sanctuary Defining your intentions and then living them fully and authentically can bring more balance into your life. This workshop invites you to look more clearly and truthfully at how you spend your time and energy. Discover possibilities for creating a life of more balance, harmony, and growth.
10:15–11:30 Sand Mandala Mary Hannah Parkman Kripalu
- Sanctuary Explore meditative creativity through mandalas in this fun hands-on workshop. In collaboration with others, create a temporary work of art using colored sand. After admiring the beauty of your efforts, mix the sand together in order to appreciate the temporary nature of all things.
11:30–1:30 Lunch 12:00–1:00 Kripalu YogaDance ® and Vinyasa Yoga 1:30–3:45 Guided Hiking Katie Hagel and Roshni Rama Meet in
4:15–5:30 Daily Yoga Classes 5:30–7:00 Dinner 7:30–8:45 The Traveling Mindset Lara Tupper Kripalu
- Sanctuary When traveling to a new place, we tend to notice and appreciate the details of our surroundings. As writer Alain de Botton says, we gain a “traveling mindset.” The challenge is to apply this outlook to our everyday lives. In this writing workshop, discuss ways to approach familiar settings with fresh eyes and “notice what we have already seen.” No writing experience necessary, just a willingness to observe.
Tuesday, March 5 th
6:30–7:45 Daily Yoga Classes 7:00–8:30 Breakfast 8:30–9:45 Mindful-Minute Meditations Tracy Foster
- Kripalu Sanctuary Do you want to experience less stress and more ease? Would you like to feel more grounded and balanced? If so, come learn five different one-minute meditations. In just 60 seconds of mindfulness practice, you begin to cultivate a clearer, more easeful and calm presence.
10:15–11:30 The Five Tibetan Rites of Rejuvenation Katie Hagel
- Kripalu Sanctuary In this workshop we will explore five simple movements that come together to create a powerful practice of mind body integration that has been cherished by Tibetan monks for centuries. Said to reverse the aging process, the “Five Tibetans” are an energizing and fun daily practice that can truly change your life!
11:30–1:30 Lunch 11:50–12:00 Check-out of Rooms 12:00–1:00 Kripalu YogaDance ® and Beginner Yoga 1:30–3:00 Riding the Waves Susannah Beattie Kripalu
- Sanctuary Do you feel challenged by life? Do the unknowns of your world shake you up? In this workshop, learn practical tools for outliving your feelings and returning to equanimity. Using the Kripalu methodology of Riding the Waves, you practice allowing the feelings to come and go. Come allow your body, mind, and spirit to integrate, relax, and renew.
3:10–3:40 Meet the CEO Dr. Barbara Vacarr
- Kripalu Sanctuary
Chapter will cover the cost of the retreat. Each member is responsible for his/her own accomodations at the center. CLICK HERE for rates.